2018 AGM matters arising review
• Umpiring – request was for additional volunteers, this is still a challenge with support welcome
• More structured approach to sponsorship, this is now being picked up by the joint committee with progress being made.
• Value for money, this has now been further addressed by the new membership package.
• Quality of kit which should be resolved by the new kit deal.
• Quality of facilities which is now the primary focus of the joint committee.
• Quality of coaching which is a continuing focus of the ladies committee.
• Website rebrand, this has taken place & the membership payment process means that all players need to register which should increase usage
Committee highlights from the 2018-19 season
• Rolled out the use of a text service for sending out communication to all club members quickly and easily.
• Method for paying in arrears extended to the 3rd team which has worked well, to be replaced next season by the new membership process.
• Secured the indoor pitch booking at Sutton Girls which helped the indoor squad training ahead of their successful season.
• Greater alignment as a joint club on socials (with a number of successful events) kit for the new season, sponsorship approach and membership.
• Successful Grant application for funding related to indoor which will hopefully be agreed and used next season.
• Organised a nutrition workshop to support better understanding of how to fuel for sport throughout the club.
• Celebrating success for the indoor team promotion to the premier league, 2nd team promotion to midlands prem, representational honours for Vicky Woolford, Becky Wootton, Helen Durrans and Charlotte Cross-Fellowes.
• Also great that all other teams retained their position in current leagues for next season.
• Progress on the joint club agenda, especially on the work that Becky BW and John Best have done on kit and Becky FH on socials.
• Recognise that there is still work to do on facilities, the good news is that the joint committee are working on our longer term strategy in this area.
• Thank you to everyone who volunteers to support the club, to the committee members, the captains and vice captains, to umpires without which we couldn't play, and to summer league captains.
• Thank you to everyone for playing and for attending tonight's AGM.
Membership secretary's review
• Membership numbers have increased for the 2018-19 season
• For the 2019-20 season the membership & match fees will be managed via monthly direct debit through pitchero (cup games & other ad hoc games to be managed separately at a cost of £10 per game).
• If you take the kit bundle option (deadline 16th June) you choose your membership classification & sign up for the monthly payments.
• If you have not signed up for the kit bundle you will be assigned a classification to your pitchero login, please let Sandra or Sam know if you do not think it is correct.
• To spread the payment over 9 month you need to set up your monthly payments by the 31st July.
• If you have a query or an exceptional circumstance the committee are happy to review your membership payments.
• Query over whether we should be capping the membership numbers to make sure everyone who has paid full membership can play each week, committee to review through the season if this is a risk.
• We made a profit in the 2018-19 season, anyone who would like to see a more detailed review of the accounts please speak to ladies committee treasurer Sam Phipps.
• Next season we will take less money through subscriptions as we are making the cost more affordable to members, focus is on fundraising, socials and any other suggestions to raise money to close the gap
• Thank you to Kath Robinson & Nuala Yelland who are stepping down from the ladies committee after significant contributions over a number of years
Officers for the 2019-20 season
• President - Jane Sixsmith
• Chairperson - Cath James
• Secretary & Comms - Becky Florida-Hopson
• Comms & Brand manager - Jess Batsford-Webb
• Treasurer - Sam Phipps
• Social secretary - Eli Thomas
• Kit & Equipment - Becky Batsford-Webb
• Membership secretary - Sandra Westbrook
• Welfare & DBS liaison - Karen Slater
• Club captain (National & Midlands leagues) - Becky Batsford-Webb
• Club captain (Warwickshire league)- Sue Attridge
• Fixture secretary - Elaine Burns
• Umpire co-ordinator - Jo Carpay
• Fundraising position has been moved to a joint club responsibility
• The coaching co-ordination responsibilities will now fall under the club captains
• We are still seeking a coaching development co-ordinator, if anyone know someone who is interested (or could be persuaded) please let Cath know
Updated 21:19 - 13 Jun 2019 by Nuala Yelland
• FIH and England hockey are still in discussion over whether to play 2 35 minute halves or 4 15 minute quarters. Other new rules implemented by the FIH are being implemented including no kicking back and you have to be 5 meters defending a free hit, even near to the D
• Sutton were 3rd in the Midlands league hospitality awards so well done to everyone :)
• End of season & coaching survey results
o Broadly very positive responses to the end of season and coaching surveys
o Individual comments to be taken to the committee
o Mixed feedback on the preference between 2 hours of 90 minutes training times to be considered by club captains
• Deadline to order the kit bundle is this week
o Captains to be given names of those who have not yet signed up so we can send out some prompts
• Key dates
o 7th July - England hockey are running an introduction to coaching course at Wyndley and the club are funding members
o 13th & 14th July - Community games are taking place at Wyndley, volunteers to man a stall for an hour greatly appreciated
o 1st September - Joint club tournament
o 2nd September - Joint club meal
o 7th September - Club day
o 10th September - first Tuesday outdoor training
o TBC - first Thursday indoor training
• Any equipment & first aid requests to be made to Becky Batsford asap
• Proposing (outside of a very talented under 16s team) not to enter any England Hockey cups next season as a result of their poor management of the competitions
o Support from the AGM attendees of this approach
• Still we do not have enough goalkeepers for all teams in the club, anyone who knows of anyone who would be interested please encourage them!
• Captains awards, well done to the following players
o 7th team - Kim Platford
o 6th team - Jess Harris
o 5th team - Sarah Kent
o 4th team - Jen Swaile
o 3rd team - Rachel King
o 2nd team - Jo Carpay
o 1st team - Jess Batsford-Webb